Saturday, June 12, 2010

MC3

I was at the Malaysia Cell Church Conference for the past couple of days. It was held in Damansara Utama Methodist Church. I was there actually because of good will of a friend of mine. He couldn't make it, so I just took his place and I was really blessed by this event. This is my first time attending this conference and I was quite surprised by the scale of it. There was about 800++ attendees from 88 churches from at least 5 different countries. This wasn't only from SEA countries but they came from Australia, US and even one from Uganda. Wow! An international Malaysian born conference. It's just amazing.

The speaker was an amazing speaker but unfortunately, I'm not sure why but I fell asleep at about 4 of 6 of his talk. I think I'm partly to blame for the late nights that caused me to sleep in the hall. I shall be purchasing the mp3 to listen to it. The time when I was awake to listen to his sessions, I was quite blown away by his messages. I can't really post all that he has said since I was asleep for more than half of his sessions.

Then there was the workshop. The workshop on ministering to Uni students was more like a forum. It was enjoyable because of that. Everyone got to say something about this oft neglected area of ministry and all of them had the burden to reach out to them. This is probably because FES is stretched too thin and a lot of students have slipped through the cracks.

The workshop on youth work got most of the participants excited about holding Youth Alpha in National Service camps. Apparent, we do get paid for going in there to conduct religious classes. So, come on you all! What are you waiting for?

The last workshop today that I attend was the multimedia. This is the first time I've seen a multimedia departments work description which is one page long and each point is at most only 3 words long! It was interesting to listen to all the work they do. Though I wish they would have given more time to them to do their presentations. It was so rushed that most of them were speed talking! It was an eye opener walking through their AV rooms. The battery of equipment that they have is just astounding! Not to mention mouth watering as I can see from the reaction from the other people. Haha! I think I would be happy with just 20% of their equipment.

I would like to share more but it's kinda late now and I would like to sleep and be awake for the last session tomorrow. So, cheerios for now. Hasta la vista baby!

No comments: