Wednesday, June 16, 2010

World Cup bore!

It's the start of the world cup and I'm already bored by the amount of boring games played so far. All the teams played with such lack luster that it's hard to blame anyone for not watching the games. The one game I did watch was the Netherlands match. Boy, was that an amateur game!!! Holland was playing like the totally lost almost all their football skills although they won the game.

I didn't watch the England game but from the score I gather that there wasn't much to shout about too. Mexico who outclassed South Africa strangely only got a draw and France must have been so pathetic that they didn't even score a goal at all. I had more fun watching half of tonight's match between New Zealand and Slovakia.

Speaking of which, why is a country where cattle out number people and the only world cup they ever won was in rugby, qualified for the World Cup. While we, as a nation with multiple football leagues, a fantastic history of qualifying for the Olympics, beaten country like South Korea, having superb training facilities and multi - million football grants can't qualify for it.

I mean, come on, I'm sure our pool of talents must be more than enough to form a squad of 23 players including substitutes. We just need to field 11 great ones to win the matches. Anyways, I really hope that the other matches start picking up otherwise there won't be anybody left to watch the world cup. Meanwhile, I'll go back to sleeping 1st. Haha!!!

No comments: